was established to strengthen public understanding of the needs of persons with disabilities and to ensure that all citizens with disabilities have equal access to the City of Madison’s resources and opportunities.
TOP PRIORITIES FROM NEEDS ASSESSMENT
- EMERGENCY SERVICES
- DAY SERVICES
Regular meetings of the Board are held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at the city office at 100 Hughes Road.
The MCDAB powers and duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Advise the Mayor and others on matters affecting the disability community including current and pending legislative and regulatory issues.
- Receive input from citizens on the needs and concerns of the disability community
- Organize and maintain working committees or task forces to address areas of concerns such as, but not limited to:
- Day Program
- Emergency Services
- Keith Bedsole (Chairman)
- Claudia V. Rice (Vice-Chairman)
- Joan Haas (Secretary)
- Don Gardner (Treasurer)
- Cynthia Allison, Tracy Butterfield, Kathy Burris, Jamie Hill, and Dena Johnson
- Gerald Clark (City Liaison)
Donations are welcome but not tax deductible. They can be made through the Madison City Clerk’s Office or mailed to:
Madison City Disability Advocacy Board
c/o City of Madison
100 Hughes Road
Madison, AL 35758